Palais Bourbon
  • 2.5

  • Rate it!

Address: 126 Rue de l'Université, 75007 Paris
Contributed by: 
07-24-2018
Rating
Outstanding
Excellent
Very good
1
Good
1
Fair

Ranked #136 of 140 in France

Ranked #60 of 61 in Ile-de-France

Ranked #52 of 53 in Paris

No video yet

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The classical portico added to the Palais Bourbon in 1806–08 by Napoleon Bonaparte

Palais Bourbon

The Palais Bourbon (pronounced [pa.lɛ buʁ.bɔ̃]) is a government building located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, on the left bank of the Seine, across from the Place de la Concorde. It is the seat of the French National Assembly, the lower legislative chamber of the French government. The Palace was originally built beginning in 1722 by Louise Françoise de Bourbon, the duchesse de Bourbon, the legitimized daughter of Louis XIV, as a country house, surrounded by gardens. It was nationalized during the French Revolution, and from 1795 to 1799, during the Directory, it was the meeting place of the Council of Five Hundred, which chose the government leaders. Beginning in 1806, Napoleon Bonaparte added the classical colonnade, to mirror that of Church of the Madeleine, facing it across the Seine and the Place de la Concorde. The Palace complex today includes the Hôtel de Lassay, on the west side of the Palais Bourbon; it is the official residence of the President of the National...

Read more at Wikipedia
Reviews (0)