Your Acceptance of This Policy
What information we collect about you
Information you provide to us
Your registration: When you register for an account, we ask you for your username, password and e-mail address. Your username is public, and it does not have to be related to your real name. When you log into the Website with your Facebook or Google+ credentials, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username, profile picture and e-mail address.
Your profile information and your content: We collect the content you submit to the Website and information that you voluntarily disclose via your public profile. You should be aware that your personal information you choose to publish to the Website can be viewed by anyone and you provide this information at your own risk.
Your actions as a registered user: We collect information about the actions that you perform on the Website as a registered user. This includes statistic of your content contributions and your interaction with the Website content (like votes, bookmarks and reports).
Anonymous information collected automatically
We as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionalities on the Website may also collect information about your use of the Website and the device used to access the Website that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you:
Log and usage data
We may collect log information from your device when you use the Website, even if you have not registered for an account or logged: your IP address; location; your web address you came from and are going to; pages visited; links clicked; the date, time and duration of visit; information about device you use, including the hardware model, operating system, version and other device identifiers; browser type and its language.
Cookies are small text files, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your device. We may use first-party or third-party cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes: to determining if you are logged in or not; to understand the type of content you are interested on our Website or on third party sites (this information can be used to optimize the content of the Website, as well as its related advertisement); to manage and follow up on email campaigns. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see “Your Choices” below.
Web Beacon (also known as a Pixel Tag) is a piece of code embedded on the Website that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. In addition, we may use web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages to count how many messages and which emails have been opened and acted upon.
How we use information about you
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our existing services as well as to develop new ones.
- Provide technical support.
- Create and maintain your account
- Send you email notifications for new content (like new photos, reviews, comments) that have been submitted by other users in relation to your content; your content moderation; new internal message (for information about how to opt out of such communications, see “Your Choices” below).
- Send you occasional special offers from our partners, which we think you will find valuable (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below).
- We may send you service related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website.
- Provide advertisements that match user profiles or interests (for information about how to manage the types of advertisements you experience on our Website, see “Your Choices” below)
How information about you is shared
When you use the Website, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit your content (such as a photo, video, texts) to the Website, any visitors to and users of the Website will be able to see that content, the username associated with the content, and the date and time you submitted the content.
- When you send a message through the Internal Messenger Service, the recipient will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent.
- When other users view your public profile, they will be able to see information about you and your activities on the Website such as your username; additional information about you, that you may voluntarily disclose via your public profile; your content submissions and your activity statistic; date of your registration; date and time of your last login.
- We offer social sharing features that let you share content on our Website with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
Otherwise, we do not share or disclose your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With our partners. We may share information with vendors and other service providers (but not with advertisers and ad partners) who need access to such information to carry out work for us. The partner’s use of personal data will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- To comply with the law. We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency. We may share information if we believe it is necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- We may share information between and among any of our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent. We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you in ordinary circumstances including, for example, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services.
Advertising and analytics partners
We may collaborate with third-party advertisers and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of our Website. These third parties may collect information sent by your device or browser in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information.
Advertisers and Ad Networks
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors, and page views to help improve the user experience.
You have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you.
Accessing and changing your information
You can access and change or delete your text and media submissions and information about you in your Public Profile, that you may voluntarily disclose.
Deleting your account
You may delete your account information at any time from your account settings page. When you delete your account,
identifying information in your profile will be removed. Please note, however, that photos, videos, reviews, comments and messages you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others unless you delete them first. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the choice to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of some our services. For more information on cookies please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Controlling Advertising and Analytics
Some analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. For example, you may manage the use and collection of certain information by Google Analytics at:
Controlling email notifications and promotional emails
If you have opted in you can opt out of receiving these email communications from us by going into your Account Settings Page and making the necessary amendments.
Controlling Location Information
Your location can be tracked though IP address, Wi-Fi, network location, GPS, signal-based location. You can disable location services in your browser and device settings.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We use HTTPS throughout the Website to ensure data communications are encrypted. Please however note that sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is in transit; any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. We process and store our data, including personal information on servers located in the United States.
Sights2see.com is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Information from persons under 18. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 18 years of age that has been collected on our Website upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
Third-Party Websites and Services
N o v a r t a Ltd.
Mapp str, 1