The Churches of Peace in Swidnica

Kosciol Pokoju w Swidnicy
  • 3.8

  • Rate it!

Address: plac Pokoju 6, 58-100 Świdnica
Contributed by: 
05-28-2018
Rating
Outstanding
Excellent
3
Very good
1
Good
Fair

Ranked #15 of 219 in Poland

Ranked #1 of 1 in Swidnica

No video yet

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jauer (2).jpg

Churches of Peace

The Churches of Peace (Polish: Kościoły Pokoju, German: Friedenskirchen) in Jawor (German: Jauer) and Świdnica (German: Schweidnitz) in Silesia were named after the Peace of Westphalia of 1648.

It permitted the Lutherans of Silesia to build three churches from wood, loam and straw outside the city walls, without steeples and church bells. The construction time was limited to one year.

Since 2001, the two remaining churches are listed as UNESCO World Heritage...

Read more at Wikipedia
Reviews (0)
Attractions which are close by:

14 km / 9 mi

17 km / 11 mi

29 km / 18 mi

29 km / 18 mi

32 km / 20 mi

33 km / 20 mi

37 km / 23 mi

38 km / 24 mi

40 km / 25 mi

45 km / 28 mi

46 km / 28 mi

46 km / 29 mi

47 km / 29 mi

47 km / 29 mi

47 km / 29 mi

47 km / 29 mi

47 km / 29 mi

47 km / 30 mi

48 km / 30 mi